FINAVAL endeavours to earn the confidence of customers, charterer, seafarers and the marine industry in general, and to be recognized as a high quality, trustworthy and dependable shipping Company.
The Quality Management Policy of FINAVAL is based on offering efficient professional seaborne transportation and ship management services by ensuring compliance with contractual obligations and implicit client expectations.
To achieve the above-mentioned objectives, the Company has adopted a management system complying with UNI EN 9001 standards based on the following principles and directives:
• Comply with the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISM Code and ISPS Code;
• Complies with all mandatory requirements and legislation
• Ensures that the Company objectives are linked to customers’ needs and expectations
• Communicate customers’ needs and expectations throughout the organization
• Measure customer satisfaction and act on the results
• Systematically manage customer relationships
• Establish a clear view of the organization's future
• Set challenging goals and targets by implementing and improving the “QSE Actions plans”
• Create and sustain shared values, fairness and ethical role models at all organization levels.
• Provide people with the required resources, training and freedom so they can act with responsibility and accountability
• Inspire, encourage and recognize people's contributions to quality, by identifying constraints to their performance.
• Accept responsibility of problems and seek solutions to solve them.
• Evaluate performance compared to one’s personal goals and objectives.
• Employ a consistent organization-wide approach for a continuous improvement of the organization's performance.
• Make data accessible to those who need them.
• Make decisions and take action based on factual analysis, experience, and intuition.
• Identify, select and monitor key suppliers
• Inspire, encourage and recognize suppliers’ improvements and achievements.
• Establish joint development and improvement activities.
We focus a lot of attention on the selection and career advancement of both ground and on-board personnel.
We ensure that both seafaring and shore-based personnel are competent, experienced and properly trained.
Our evaluation system takes people's concerns about safety, the environment and quality into great consideration.
With great consideration for the well-being of people, our crew is medically adequate and encouraged to avoid excessive fatigue.
Since alcohol and drug abuse can prevent personnel from acting safely, possession and use of such substances is strictly prohibited on board as well as being under the influence of alcohol and drugs when boarding edge.
We are committed to discouraging any abuse in this regard and to monitor the results of our efforts.
We aim to provide a safe working environment on board the ships in which we operate by establishing and maintaining appropriate safety measures, but if these compromise safety then safety must prevail.
Company personnel and our collaborators are required to continuously understand and implement the procedures that are available and detailed in our Quality, Safety and Environment management system.
Constant supervision and performance monitoring through an internal audit program will highlight any need for training or additional resources.